Production Supervisor with specialty chemical manufacturing and production experience who is responsible for hands-on supervision of lead operators / shift leaders and their teams for an operational chemical process unit needed immediately. The Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager and is accountable for the safe, continuous and efficient operations resulting in desired quantity and quality of products for our essential business.
AMVAC? Chemical Corporation, an American Vanguard company, has successfully served the results‐driven global markets through development, manufacturing and marketing of products for agricultural and commercial use.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide supervision over Lead Operators or operators in regards to the unit’s operating parameters, procedures, volume, quality of production and meeting production schedules for AMVAC’s Chemical Manufacturing plant operating 24 hours x 365 days per year
- Maintain 100% compliance with all company policies, safety standards, environmental permits & regulations and good housekeeping practices?
- Maximize efficiency and productivity of production personnel while ensuring safe utilization of equipment in the unit?
- Improve results using process improvement techniques
- Responsible for proper maintenance and inspections required under Process Safety Management (PSM)?
- Participate in emergency response drills and be part of the plant Emergency Response Team?
- Issue Hot Work, Line Breaking, and Confined Space permits?
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Safety and Environmental committee meetings and in conducting safety training
- Work with plant supervision in evaluation and certification of personnel as far as operational capability?
- Participate in training of new hires and writing of Training Programs?
- Write new SOPs and review SOPs for completion and accuracy?
- Work with plant management in establishing shift standards and working schedules for all technical and unit personnel?
- Survey all operating data on a daily basis to determine areas of process investigations, causes and implement remedial actions?
- Work closely with other departments to schedule and ensure receipt and shipment of raw material and product?
- Prepare inventory and production reports?
- Prepare and maintain unit operating & maintenance records
- Provide technical, quality and production leadership to assigned teams
Bachelor Degree in chemical engineering (BS ChE) or chemical technology or related technical field
- 5+ years work experience in the Specialty Chemical manufacturing field
- First line supervisory experience in a chemical plant or related field
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills coupled with above average analytical and technical skills ?
- Experience working in a facility conducting batch or continuous chemical synthesis using hazardous chemicals
- Experience working with raw materials, intermediates and finished goods - solids, liquids, gases
- Knowledge of chemical processing equipment including agitated reactors, heat exchanges, pumps, absorbers, scrubbers, distillation and cooling towers and how each functions
- Experience monitoring chemical processing equipment for pressure, temperature, flow, level indications and working with proper instrumentation to measure pH, temperature, water level, specific gravity
- Ability to read gauges, follow reactions locally or remotely (control room); record and report findings?
- Understand the sequence of addition of reactants and reaction steps including required temperature, pressure, levels and flows for proper processing to occur
- Be able to function in a crisis situation or in case of emergency in the manufacture of flammable, corrosive and highly toxic chemicals
- Hazmat experience and training – 40 hour preferred
- Record keeping experience including maintaining logs for production records; maintenance and daily operations; DCS a plus
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel (required)
- Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Health Savings Account (HSA); Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
- Wellness program
Must pass post‐offer drug testing, background checks and other appropriate testing and requirements as required if offered the position. ?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.