As a Formulator Technician at AMVAC’s manufacturing plant in Marsing, Idaho, you will formulate and package seed treatment chemicals paying close attention to quality, safety and meeting the production goals. The Formulator Technician is a key member of the AMVAC production and manufacturing team.?This position is for the 3rd shift – Midnight to 8:00 a.m. – with Shift Differential.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in a fast-paced production environment safely and effectively
- Weigh out quantities of powdered or liquid dyes and chemicals following formula sheets
- Ensure that all products meet specifications while in process and prior to packaging and shipment
- Observe the operation of machinery to detect malfunctions; make minor adjustments or repairs during production; report process safety or quality issues to Shift Supervisor
- Provide labels, lot numbers and containers per product specifications?
- Fill, seal and palletize during packaging process using equipment properly and meeting quality goals
- Record vital meter readings and process checks on batch tickets
- Wear assigned safety and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Use and apply knowledge of general policies and procedures including safety and security measures
- Follow all safety rules
- Operate forklifts for loading or moving materials and products
Skills & Qualifications
- Motivated with a desire to learn
- Mechanical aptitude / mechanically inclined?
- Capable of providing routine maintenance and repair of equipment
- Must be detail-oriented and pay close attention to details especially when it comes to product quality
High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of work experience - 1 year in a manufacturing plant preferred
- Experience operating a forklift or similar truck
- Math skills including add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions and decimals in all units of measure
- Computer skills: Microsoft WORD, Excel required; PowerPoint / ERP software a plus
- Competitive pay plus Shift Differential for graveyard (3rd) shift
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance?
- Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP) with employee discount
- Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMVAC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks and substance abuse testing.